What is the process for implementation of SMS?
SMS Implementation in an organization is a phase wise process consisting of four phases as follows:-.
- Phase 1: Blueprint of SMS integration into the organization and its framework.
- Phase II : Commencement of Reactive Safety Risk Management consisting of Training, Documentation, Hazard Identification and Risk Management.
- Phase III : Hazard identification and safety risk management using proactive and predictive processes.
- Phase IV : Operational safety assurance should put into practice consisting of :
- Development of and agreement on safety performance indicators and safety performance targets;
- SMS continuous improvement;
- Training relevant to operational safety assurance;
- Documentation relevant to operational safety assurance; and
- Develop and maintain formal means for safety communication.
Details of the Implementation Process are given in CAR SECTION 1 – GENERAL SERIES 'C' PART I